A Note of Thanksgiving
We have had so many blessings as a firm that I felt compelled to recognize the many things for which I’m grateful.
When Terry Shadwick asked me to take over for him as CEO of BluSky, I was humbled. He had built this firm and nurtured it for 10 years, and it was his baby. Upon doing that, there were two areas that I committed that I would either maintain or seek to improve. During this time I called them the foundations of our firm, and I do today as well. They are our focus on Customer Service and our Culture. These are two of the primary drivers of our firm’s success, and we were fortunate that our firm was built upon such pillars!
Our Customers & Stakeholders
Of course, talking about customer service causes me to reflect on our customers. We are always grateful for our customers and we appreciate their trust in us; may we never take them for granted. In this business, we rely heavily on our subcontractors and labor providers; we are partners with them and we can’t do it without them. Our people and our firm recognize our blessings, and because of that, we seek to give back to our communities. We are a ‘giving’ organization! We have had growth through our mergers, and we have partnered with great firms and people that are now part of the BluSky family. Lastly, I greatly appreciate our sponsor, Dominus Capital, and their ongoing support of our business in helping us reach our goals.
- I’ll start with the fact that I could go on and on in this area. Here’s some of the top things that come to mind:
- We have employees who will do the “right thing,” not the selfish thing, or the easy thing. The “right thing” for our customers, the “right thing” for their teammates, the “right thing” for our firm.
- We have employees who are dedicated to our customers and our firm, are passionate about their work and their customers, and are hard working.
- On top of all that, we have team players. We’re not all great; we make mistakes occasionally, but when we seek to do the right thing and we pull together as teammates, we do accomplish greatness. Our teamwork is amazing!
- And our employees are grateful for our firm. When we give back to our employees, in almost any way, it never ceases to amaze me how grateful they are!
Our Firm’s Attitude
- We treat people like family. We care for each other, we welcome people as part of our team, we respect each other, we care for our employees, and when the firm does well, we give back to our employees. We are family.
- Our ‘Will to Win.’ We never, ever give up. There is nothing that is insurmountable or is going to stop us, only challenges. And challenges we will overcome! We stay focused on the goal and figure out how to get there.
- Our positive attitude. It’s critical in an industry that demands solutions to problems, and we have loads of it.
- Our belief system. Our beliefs are that we accomplish whatever we focus on! And we believe it because it’s true.
- We’re not perfect, but we are never complacent and we always seek to get better. We have taken the meaning of “learning organization” to the next level! It impacts everything we do. As a result, we always get better.
- Fun! It’s a core value. It’s what we preach, it’s what we practice, it’s what we deliver! Booyah!
Our Leadership Team
I always try to take the opportunity a couple of times a year to thank my team.
- I am grateful for your will to win, in this area, you’ve certainly taught me more than I’ve taught you, and it’s an incredible asset for BluSky.
- Your teamwork. Our ability to challenge each other, arrive at the best decision, and then rally around a single viewpoint, lock arms and go out and do it.
- You all have individual strengths, each amazing in your own way, and you bring them every day to our firm and our people.
- Thank you for your support of me, and for your constant encouragement. I am very grateful for every one of you. And our firm is, too; we wouldn’t be near where we are without you.
With appreciation and sincerest gratitude,
Kent Stemper, CEO
BluSky Restoration Contractors, LLC