Are you prepared for Hermine?
As Florida begins recovery, tropical storm warnings are currently posted from northern Florida north to Kill Devil Hills in North Carolina. Hermine is expected to bring heavy rain, strong winds, and storm surge flooding to south Georgia and the eastern Carolinas through tonight.
As severe weather approaches, remember these 7 tips for making sure you’re prepared.
- Listen to radio, TV, or NOAA Weather Radio for the latest storm updates
- Secure outdoor furniture, garbage cans, and other objects that could become airborne in high winds
- Coastal residents and anyone in low-lying areas should prepare for flood conditions. Check with your local hardware store for board-up and sandbag supplies.
- Test all emergency equipment (generators, flashlights, etc.)
- Be sure your emergency supply kit is ready with:
- First aid kit
- Non-perishable food
- Cell phones and battery-powered chargers
- Important documents (insurance, medical, etc.)
- Review your emergency plan and be ready to evacuate if ordered
- Fill your vehicle gas tanks
Although Hermine is predicted to be a non-tropical low by this weekend, the threat remains for tornadoes and strong winds that could bring down trees and power lines as the storm passes through the Carolinas.
If your home or business sustains flood damage or other storm damage from Hermine, BluSky is here to help. Our emergency response team is already responding in Florida and is mobilized and ready to respond in the coastal Carolinas.
Call us at 800-277-4787 or Request Service online at any time.