How we’re helping our clients combat COVID-19
A message from BluSky CEO Kent Stemper:
I want to update you on our response to coronavirus and COVID-19 as it relates to our clients and our employees. BluSky is committed to limiting the spread of this virus and we’re taking action in three primary areas:
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and decontamination at client properties
- Taking care of ongoing client restoration projects unrelated to coronavirus
- Protecting our employees
1. Cleaning, disinfecting, and decontamination
BluSky has deep industry-leading experience in mitigating complex contaminants such as Ebola, norovirus, coronavirus, and other viral contagions. We are onsite at many of our clients’ properties performing cleaning and disinfecting services, both proactively and in spaces that have been occupied by persons who have tested positive for COVID-19. We are pursuing two approaches according to our clients’ needs:
- Option 1: ULV Fogging – There may be no evidence of contamination, but the client desires to proactively have their areas treated. BluSky technicians will use an EPA-registered hospital grade disinfectant to clean and disinfect.
- Option 2: High-Touch Surface Cleaning and Disinfection – BluSky technicians will use EPA-registered hospital grade disinfectants to treat/spray and wipe down high-touch surfaces.
All employees involved in this work have undergone the following:
- COVID-19 safety training
- N95 and respirator training
- Medical exam showing employee is fit to wear a respirator
2. Taking care of ongoing restoration projects
- Cities and states across the country are ordering the closure of non-essential businesses. BluSky’s business and the services we provide are considered essential and BluSky is permitted by law to continue providing these essential services until otherwise directed by federal or local authorities.
- We continue to perform our usual restoration services across the country for our clients.
- Our phones are staffed 24/7 as usual, and our response includes emergency after-hours service
3. Protecting our employees
- As most businesses are doing, all BluSky employees who are able are working remotely for the time being.
- Any employee who is feeling sick or has a fever is not permitted to come to work.
- Our technicians are performing greater procedures in our offices, wiping down surfaces and keeping our offices in a more clean and disinfected state. We’ve also provided hand sanitizer for every office.
- We have suspended all non-essential travel until further notice. Travel that is critical to our business continues, but with heightened scrutiny.
We continue to monitor updates related to COVID-19 and will keep you informed if there are any adjustments to our procedures.
We truly appreciate your partnership with BluSky, and together we will navigate this challenge.
Kent Stemper, CEO
BluSky Restoration Contractors