Virtual Training Opportunity
BluSky’s director of training and education, Chuck Lane, will lead training presented by FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) in June 2020. Chuck’s session, Hospital Planning for Mass Casualty Incident Surges: Natural Disasters, will be available multiple times for your convenience.
The CDP has been working to make more of its course material for responders available at a distance, including this offering.
Chuck’s lecture provides guidance in planning for operational response(s) related to naturally occurring Mass Casualty Incidents (hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc.) in terms of number and types of casualties, casualty acuity, types of injuries to anticipate staffing, logistical, and surgical needs.
Click the “attend training” button below for the lecture you would like to attend. (Times listed are Central; be sure to convert to your local time if viewing from a different time zone.)
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 6:00-7:00 pm CST
Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:00-11:00 am CST
Monday June 15, 2020 10:00–11:00 am CST
Tuesday June 30, 2020 6:00–7:00 pm CST
Other topics being offered by the Center for Domestic Preparedness include:
- Hazmat and Decontamination during Storm Response – How it affects us all
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) – We Need It More Than We Know
- The Effective Use of Social and Traditional Media During Emergencies
- Hospital Planning for Mass Casualty Incident Surges – How it affects us all
- Psychological Preparedness for Responders – Operations and Disaster Response
- Opioids in America – The Epidemic; Long Term Protests – Planning and Response
- A Deadly Dose: Fentanyl, Opioids, and the First Responder
View more details at https://cdp.dhs.gov/vilt