Winter Storm Threat – Are You Prepared?
A major snowstorm is expected to develop this week that will impact the eastern U.S.
While the most intense weather is expected to track north of BluSky service areas, current forecasts have the southern edge of the storm brushing the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina and the Roanoke Valley of Virginia.
UPDATE 1/21/16: Meteorologists expect 8-12″ of snow in Roanoke, 8-12” of snow/ice in the NC Piedmont Triad, 1-3″ of snow/ice in greater Charlotte, 1-3″ of snow/ice in the NC Triangle, and 1-2″ of snow/ice in greater Fayetteville Thursday night through Friday. (As little as 1/4″ to 1/2″ of ice can cause tree limbs to fall.)
Now’s the time to make sure you’re prepared for a winter storm:
- clean gutters to prevent icicles and ice dams that can form in freezing rain and snow
- trim tree limbs that could fall on your roof under the weight of snow or ice
- check caulking and weather-stripping around windows and doors
Learn more: 11 tips for winterizing your home
BluSky is monitoring conditions and we’re on standby in case you experience winter storm damage.
Our winter storm team specializes in:
- tree removal and tarp services
- temporary power generation
- board-up and temporary roofing systems
- water extraction and mitigation
- complete winter storm damage repair